We all see those “tasty” videos on Facebook—the arial view of chopped veggies or stringy, gooey cheese from “The World’s Cheesiest Mac.” They’re what stop us from scrolling past without at least a pause to admire the time-lapse of perfect entrees and delicious snacks. Not laden down with heavy dressing or dairy, the three bean salad stood out to me as the perfect side dish. It took barely ten minutes to whip up and only used simple ingredients, most of which I had in my pantry. On their own, the beans in this version of the classic three bean salad with green beans are colorful and a great source of protein. Here’s my (slightly modified) version of the tasty salad I found on Noble Pig.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can whole kernal corn, drained
- 1 large orange or red bell pepper, diced
- 12 grape or cherry tomatoes, halved or diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 large avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- juice of 2-4 limes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed or finely diced
The directions for this dish are incredibly easy. Add all your ingredients into a large bowl, stir, and pop into the refrigerator for an hour before indulging!
Note: After cutting up my avocado, I tossed it in the lime juice before adding it to the salad. This keep the avocado from browning right away.